Submit Your Work
Muslim Pro Content serves a 100 million-strong community of global Muslims and aims to provide an inclusive platform for everyday Muslims to connect. Wherever you may be in the world, we want to hear your voice, your stories and your unique Islamic journey.
Through your submissions — whether it is a personal reflection on your struggles with the Muslim identity, a lifestyle listicle or commentary on a trending topic — you will be contributing to the collective Muslim voice that recognises and values the message of Islam in the various facets of human life.
Please take some time to review this entire page — it should answer any questions you have about what kind of content we’re looking for and how the submission process works.
Also, we value your pitch, but due to the volume of requests we receive, we cannot respond to all submissions.
Categories to Consider
There are five main categories we cover.
Connects individuals with the Islamic faith. It is, simply put, food for the soul. We accept listicles, commentaries, personal reflections, and photo essays.
explores Muslims identity in the world. It encompasses not just the qualities and beliefs that make a person of faith, but ties in with issues on representation, race, gender and more. We accept listicles, commentaries, personal reflections, photo essays, profiles and interviews.
Pertains to the way a Muslim lives life in the aspects of food, travel, beauty, style, entertainment and life hacks. We accept listicles, commentaries, personal reflections, photo essays, reviews and guides.
Encourages a two-way exchange of between the content creator and the audience. We are looking for podcast episodes, panel discussions, and video content.
Did You Know
Peaks the curiosity of our community. It touches on the history, culture, and the science related to Islam. We accept listicles, articles, white papers and photo essays.
Who Will Your Content Reach?
The Muslim Pro Content audience spans countries from Asia, Europe, US, UK and beyond, and our content has been translated into Arabic, Bahasa Indonesia, French and Malay. On top of English, we accept submissions in any of these languages. Your work may also be translated into the other languages should it be deemed relevant.
Feel free to inject your personality into your piece whilst maintaining factual accuracy where necessary.
- We appreciate original ideas and writing. Please ensure your content has not published elsewhere.
- Include a deck after the title that summarises the gist of the article in a succinct, accurate manner.
- Ensure proper attribution to external content referenced in the article.
- We don’t enforce a strict word count, but most articles should fall in 500 – 2,000 word range.
What We Won’t Accept
There are some things we simply can’t accept:
- Political statements
- Debating the practices and laws of Islam (this is best left to the scholars)
- Any material deemed to be spam or spread misinformation
- Support or praise of terrorism, organized crime, hate groups, or one sect over another
- Content that encourages violence or attack anyone based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, disabilities, or diseases.
- Strong language and graphic images, even if the aim is to condemn, raise awareness or educate.
How to Submit
Submit your pitch of finished blog post to editorial [at] bitsmedia [dot] com with the following:
- Formatted subject line: “Guest Pitch: [Tentative Title of Post]”
- Your completed post or pitch in a Google Document with editing permissions turned on for “anyone with the link.”
- If you’re including images, make sure they’re compressed and add them into the Google Document, and provide proper attribution below each image.
- Short author bio, headshot, and any links to your LinkedIn or Twitter accounts you’d like linked.
If your article meets editorial standards and aligns with our content strategy, we will respond to let you know your article will be published. That process may take up to 2 weeks and the publish date could exceed this timeline based on the needs of our editorial calendar.
Due to the volume of requests we receive, we cannot respond to all submissions.