Terms & Conditions
Muslim Pro Ramadan 2023 Umrah Giveaway
Muslim Pro Ramadan 2023 Umrah Giveaway (“Contest”)
Terms and Conditions (“T&Cs”)
- Entry is open to Singapore residents or permanent residents aged 18 and over at the time of Entry who have fulfilled the eligibility requirements as set out in these T&Cs (“Eligible Entrant(s)”). Employees (or Family Members of employees) of, any of, Bitsmedia Pte Ltd or Syukran Travel Pte Ltd, any companies associated with the Contest and promotion of the Contest and all affiliates of such aforementioned companies are not eligible. “Family Members” means spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin. Only Eligible Entrants may be awarded and/or accept a Prize.
- Bitsmedia Pte Ltd (UEN 20090642R), a corporation incorporated in Singapore and having its principal place of business at 1557 Keppel Road #02-09/10, Singapore 089066 (“Bitsmedia”)
Agreement to T&Cs
- By their participation in this Contest, Eligible Entrants are acknowledging to have read and agreed to these T&Cs for their Entry to be considered valid and acknowledge that the decisions of Bitsmedia are final and binding. Eligibility and participation in this Contest is contingent upon the Eligible Entrant’s compliance with these T&Cs and fulfilment of all other requirements set forth herein. These T&Cs shall prevail to the extent of any inconsistency with any other reference to this Contest.
- The Contest begins on 17 March 2023 at 00:00 hours (GMT+8) and ends on 21 April 2023 at 23:59 hours (GMT+8) (both dates inclusive) (the “Contest Period”). Entries must be received by Bitsmedia within the Contest Period.
How to Enter
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must satisfy the following:
- have either upgraded their Muslim Pro subscription to Premium or activate a new Muslim Pro Premium account (“Premium Account”) as of the date of their Entry and during the entire Contest Period. Eligibility will be determined by the Premium Account activation date retrieved from Firebase Admin Console by Bitsmedia;
- The Eligible Entrants are not required to submit any other details as all valid and authenticated Premium Account will be automatically entered into for the Contest (“Entry”); and
- Only one valid Entry per person will be permitted. Eligible Entrants found to be submitting multiple Entries may have all Entries invalidated.
- By submitting the Entry, Eligible Entrants warrant and represent that he/she own or otherwise control all of the rights to his/her Entry, including without limitation, all the rights necessary for him/her to provide, post, upload, input or submit any content contained in the Entry, and grant a license for Bitsmedia to post, upload and cross-post/upload the content in the Entry.
Selection of winners
- This is a skill-based competition and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Entries will be judged based on creativity, originality and accuracy.
- On 28 April 2023 (or on such other dates and time, as determined by Bitsmedia), Bitsmedia shall:
- announce the Contest closure on Muslim Pro’s Instagram Page (@muslimproofficial) as well as on the Umrah Giveaway Terms & Conditions page.
- select three (3) Entries; and
- notify each winner via the email address that is registered to the Premium Account,
(each a “Prize Winner” and collectively the “Prize Winner(s)”).
- If a Prize Winner Bitsmedia contacted does not claim the Prize pursuant to Clause 8 within forty-eight (48) hours after the date of email notification, a substitute winner will then take his/her place. In the event a substitute winner cannot be contacted or claim the Prize within the same deadline, Bitsmedia may then select another winner and attempt to contact such substitute winners by email in accordance with this Clause 9 until three (3) Prize Winners are identified to claim the Prizes (“Substitute Winners”).
- The Prize Winners will be required to be physically present at Bitsmedia premises to answer question(s) as posed by Bitsmedia. The three (3) answers which best meet the judging criteria referred to in Clause 7 will be declared as winners.
- Bitsmedia’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Contest is final and binding on each Eligible Entrant. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, misdirected, incomplete or ineligible Entries.
Acceptance of Prize
- Bitsmedia reserves the right to request Prize Winners to sign an appearance release and waiver of liability, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency or any other relevant forms or agreements that Bitsmedia deems necessary in order to claim a Prize. In the event that any of the Prize Winner(s) cannot provide suitable proof, the effected Prize Winners will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- Prize Winners may be requested to complete and return documents regarding acceptance of the Prize, standard disclaimers of warranties to verify eligibility, use of Prize Winners’ likeness, personal information, as well as confidentiality. Prize Winners must complete and return any such required documents within two (2) days of the date of notice, in order to claim his/her Prize. If a Prize Winner fails to submit same within the required time period, the relevant Prize will be forfeited and rendered to a Substitute Winner in accordance with the selection process at Clause 9.
- Bitsmedia reserves the right to select a Substitute Winner in the event that an Eligible Entrant, claiming to be a winner, is unable to satisfy any terms of these T&Cs or has breached these T&Cs.
- The total number of Contest winners are three (3).
- Each Prize Winner will win for himself/ herself an Umrah travel package worth S$4,000 for a single redemption on any Umrah package of their choice managed by Syukran Travel Pte Ltd (“Prize Sponsor”), valid for 12 months from the date of issue of such Umrah travel package (“Prize”).
Any additional expense incurred on the choice of Umrah package selected by the Prize Winners which is over and beyond the value of the Prize shall be paid by the Prize Winners.
- The Prize (including any component thereof) is subject to availability. The Prize (including any component thereof) may be transferred or assigned (as determined by the Prize Sponsor) but not substituted or exchanged for cash, credit or any other items. Bitsmedia will not replace any lost, damaged or stolen Prize (including any component thereof).
- Prize Winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their Prize and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of any Prizes.
- The Prize Winners may be invited to attend interview(s) arranged by Bitsmedia. The Prize Winner consents and grants to Bitsmedia and/or third parties appointed by Bitsmedia, a perpetual and non-exclusive license for the use of any photos, video and audio capturing their names, voice, photos and/or images in any form of media on a worldwide basis for publicity and other purposes deemed appropriate by Bitsmedia and without any remuneration. If the Prize is not available or in the event of force majeure or unforeseen factors, Bitsmedia may, without consultation or reference to the participants, substitute or replace any Prize with any other Prize of equal or similar value at the sole determination of Bitsmedia. Cash will not be awarded as a substitute. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Prize Winners must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and Prize supplier’s requirements. Each Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a Prize Winner is unable to use such Prize as stated.
Disqualification/Right of removal
- Bitsmedia may refuse or disqualify any Entries (including winning Entries) if the Eligible Entrant concerned or anyone authorised by the Eligible Entrant to deal with their Entry, acts in a way towards either Bitsmedia, its affiliates, partners, or their agents or staff which Bitsmedia reasonably considers to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If a Prize Winner is disqualified, Bitsmedia reserves the right to award the Prize to a Substitute Winner in accordance to Clause 9 above.
- Bitsmedia reserves the right to immediately revoke a Prize from a Prize Winner who acts in a manner deemed irresponsible or inappropriate.
- Prize Winners must continue to comply with all T&Cs, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling of all requirements. In the event that a Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Bitsmedia will award the Prize to a Substitute Winner selected from all remaining eligible Entries in accordance with the process of selection of winners stated in Clause 9 above.
- This Contest is in no way endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, LinkedIn or Twitter.
- The terms and conditions of any other third party supplier will also apply to the Prize where applicable. If there is a conflict between third party terms and conditions and these T&Cs, these T&Cs shall take precedence.
- In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, bug, worm, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem, or in the event the Contest is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as determined by Bitsmedia in its sole discretion, then Bitsmedia may either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these T&Cs; or (b) terminate the Contest and, in the event of termination, award the Prize(s) among Eligible Entrants which have supplied non-suspect Entries (as determined by Bitsmedia) up to the time of the impairment. Bitsmedia reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who provides false information or who seeks to gain an unfair advantage or to manipulate the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these T&Cs or in an irresponsible or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to cause harm and/or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Bitsmedia reserves the right to seek damages and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Bitsmedia to enforce any provision of these T&Cs shall not constitute waiver of that provision.
Release and Limitations of Liability
- By accepting the Prize, the Prize Winner:
- represents and warrants that:
- the content (answer to the winning question) provided is original work that has been created by the Prize Winner;
- the content does not and will not violate or breach any of the terms of any other agreement the Prize Winners may be a party to;
- the content does not contain defamatory, tortious or otherwise unlawful, untrue or inaccurate information;
- the content is not obscene, cruel, abusive or likely to cause offence;
- the content does not breach any applicable law and does not infringe or violate any right of any person;
- the Prize Winner shall be solely liable for the content they have provided and shall fully and effectually indemnify Bitsmedia against all cost, claims and damages that they may suffer or incur due to or in connection with the content.
- whilst retaining copyright to the content, the Prize Winner grants Bitsmedia a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable license to use, copy, edit, adapt, publish, translate, create adaptations from, make available, communicate and distribute the content and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, and in such manner for such lawful purposes deemed appropriate by Bitsmedia and expressly disclaim any moral right over the content.
- The Prize Winner grants Bitsmedia the right to modify, edit, or remove any of said content subject to copyright infringement notification at our discretion, without notice, and for any reason.
- Nothing in these T&Cs limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under The Consumer Protection (Fair Trading) Act 2003 or any similar consumer protection laws in Singapore (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
- Bitsmedia and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the Contest, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents is referred to as the “Released Parties”. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from the Released Parties’ negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, Released Parties are excluded from all responsibility and all liabilities for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct or indirect, special or consequential, arising from (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Bitsmedia control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any Entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after the receipt by Bitsmedia) due to any reason beyond their control (d) any variation in Prize value to that stated in these T&Cs (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Eligible Entrant or (f) use of a Prize. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to release and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the Prize (including any travel or activity related thereto).
- To the maximum extent applicable, once the Prize has left Bitsmedia’s or its agent’s premises, Bitsmedia and its associated agencies take no responsibility for the Prize (including if damaged, delayed or lost in transit).
- This Contest, the T&Cs and any dispute or claim (including any non-contractual dispute or claim) arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore, and Eligible Entrants submit unconditionally to the jurisdiction of the appropriate courts of Singapore to deal with all matters relating to this Contest.
Privacy Consent & Use of Personal Information
- To conduct this Contest, the Bitsmedia needs to collect personal information about Eligible Entrants. If Eligible Entrants do not provide the information requested, Bitsmedia may not be able to provide Eligible Entrants with Entry.
- Eligible Entrant’s agree, that subject to the Data Protection Regulation (if applicable), personal information collected will be used for marketing, promotion, research, statistics and Contest purposes – specifically, and without limitation, Bitsmedia and/or its agents may do the following:
- transfer personal information confidentially to Bitsmedia or other organisations that provide services in relation to this Contest;
- disclose personal information collected to regulatory authorities as required, such as the regulators of trade promotions;
- publish the Prize Winner’s name as required under applicable law;
- use the Prize Winner’s personal information and photo in any media for publicity purposes associated with the Content without any further payment or other compensation, unless the winner otherwise notifies Bitsmedia prior to accepting the Prize; and/or
- distribute other marketing or promotional material.